Improving Skin Tone & Quality
Whether you are 25, 55, or 75, our wrinkles, lines and sagging areas can surface on our faces or bodies leaving us feeling self-conscious or embarrassed about our appearance.
Many factors cause skin to age. Excess sun exposure or other harmful rays is one of the most common factors that break down skin cells and cause premature aging. Hormones, specifically changes in estrogen levels, cause collagen to break down, causing wrinkles, loss of skin tone, and loss of elasticity. Some medications can impact skin health and cause premature aging. We all lose muscle mass as we age, causing our natural support system to fail. We lose fat as we age, causing an involution change (sunk in) sagging or hollowing. Muscles used in facial expressions can leave us with unwanted lines like crows feet or smile lines.
Non-Surgical Laser Options Improve Aging Skin
Many new in-office options exist that are effective, safe, and require little or no downtime. Treatment options combine laser technology, radio frequency, ultrasound and other methods to regenerate collagen, improve skin tone, fade sunspots, and improve the overall quality of skin.
- Fractionated CO2 Therapy is one of the most effective in-office laser treatments available. The laser penetrates the outer layer of the skin and seals off the treated area, boosting collagen production. The treatment is an excellent treatment for improving skin tone and reducing acne scars, active acne, fine lines, age spots, sun damage, and pore size.
- Photo Rejuvenation Intense Pulsed Light uses broad-spectrum light to rejuvenate skin. IPL is an excellent, non-ablative treatment for overall skin improvement. IPL is excellent for sun damage, spots, acne, redness, and fine lines. IPL works best when done in a series of treatments. There is no downtime with IPL and it’s an excellent option for a quick treatment over lunch or after work to improve your skin. It is an excellent maintenance treatment for anyone.
- Radio Frequency & Ultrasound Therapy uses high frequency electrical energy and sound waves to tighten and tone skin on the face and body. The non-ablative treatment is excellent for fine lines, collagen building, scar therapy, and acne control. The treatment stimulates the deep tissue for optimal skin tightening and collagen building. RF and Ultrasound Therapy combined decrease fat deposits and cellulite, tighten skin, and improve overall skin quality.
- Multi-Wavelength high energy is used to remove spider and thread veins in the face (cheek, temporal region, nasal dorsum, forehead) and legs. Additionally, it can fade or remove some vascular birthmarks (capillary vascular malformations), and leg and facial veins (telangiectasis).
- Low Multi-Wavelength Light stimulates cellular function, decreases pain, improves healing, and decreases inflammation. Additionally, with special hand pieces, advanced laser assisted acupuncture is used to treat cravings associated with smoking and over eating.
- Bio Stimulation is a unique treatment that provides deep and high intensity muscle contraction and stimulation, including deep fibers not reachable by exercise alone. This deep muscle stimulation uses the fat as fuel, burning stubborn fat and strengthening muscles.
The Best Prevention Strategies
The first step is to make sure the factors within our control, like diet, exercise, and hydration are optimized. Next, regular skincare at home and using sunscreen daily is critical. Dr. Chernoff offers his own professional medical grade skincare line, GREGORY MD®, that is based on researched and proven ingredients. His products contain vitamins, antioxidants, and proprietary growth factors to help maintain healthy skin. We prescribe our skincare line in conjunction with our customized and combination treatment options that significantly improve our patients’ skin. These treatments include non-surgical laser, injectables, and aesthetic treatments as well as surgical options.
Advanced Combination Therapy
At some point, gravitational changes define when surgery is the only way to accomplish rejuvenation goals. When the skin and muscles on your face or body are sagging beyond what can be corrected with a laser or other type of therapy, Dr. Chernoff uses the most state of the art surgical options to restore youth to skin and muscles. Surgical treatments are often followed up with advanced laser treatments to further refine skin and enhance the quality and skin tone. The combinations, timing, and treatments are unique and customized for each individual to provide optimal and natural results.
Chernoff Cosmetic Surgeons is one of the largest and most contemporary Cosmetic and Laser Centers in the United States. Dr. Chernoff is involved in several exciting research programs that will expand the treatments available to our patients for face and body rejuvenation.