At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, our Acne Treatment & Prevention Center offers the latest advancements and most comprehensive treatment options for acne of all types and levels of severity, from light-based treatments and laser therapy, to medical grade skin peels and skincare products, bacteria fighting treatments, skin treatments and more.
If you are suffering from acne, be it an extreme form or an occasional breakout, we can help. Surgical intervention may be advised for some forms of acne while less invasive treatments may suffice for others. In many cases, a combination of treatments is the best approach. Dr. Chernoff and our experienced staff of healthcare professionals will carefully examine your condition and recommend a program to help keep your skin clear.
Types of Acne
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, we treat all types of acne including the following:
- Acne Vulgaris – This is the most common form of acne and appears as papules, whiteheads, blackheads, pustules and cystic nodules.
- Acne Conglobata – This is a severe form of acne vulgaris with interconnected lesions.
- Acne Fulminans – Forming ulcerated lesions that can lead to severe scarring, acne fulminans is a severe form of acne conglobata.
- Gram-Negative Folliculitis – This rare bacterial infection is characterized by cysts and pustules.
- Acne Rosacea – This form of acne appears as a red rash that can occur on the nose, cheeks and chin. It may also be accompanied by pimples, bumps, and blemishes and may cause parts of the face such as the nose (rhinophyma), cheeks and chin to protrude.
- Pyoderma Faciale (Rosacea Fulminans) – This is a severe form of acne that causes large, painful pustules and nodules and may lead to severe scarring if left untreated.
At the Acne Treatment & Prevention Center of Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, all acne treatments are completed in our office with the exception of CO2 laser resurfacing which is performed in an outpatient surgery center. Treatment times range from 1 to 1.5 hours. Anesthesia is generally not required as most treatments are not painful. However, a topical numbing cream may be used for aggressive laser treatments.
- Laser Therapy. At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, we offer several state-of-the-art laser therapy treatments for truly effective results. Different therapeutic levels can be used depending on the type and severity of the acne. Our broad-based light treatments can shrink sebaceous glands, decrease inflamed blood vessels, reduce pigment variations, and improve skin tone and quality. Laser therapy can be combined with bipolar radio frequency to improve the quality of the skin. For complex cases, we offer Dermal Optical Thermolysis (DOT), a fractional CO2 laser technology that shrinks sebaceous glands, blends pigment, and stimulates new collagen growth while improving scarring and skin quality.
- Anti-Inflammatory Therapy. We utilize injectable anti-inflammatory therapy to treat cystic and inflamed acne.
- Skin Refining Treatments & Care. Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery offers a variety of safe, effective skin care and skin treatments designed to reduce and control acne. Our medical grade peels use retinoic and salicylic acids to comfortably exfoliate the skin without burning. An acne facial and microdermabrasion exfoliate, nourish and balance the skin to control and minimize troublesome acne breakouts. Medical grade skin care products use effective ingredients to maintain healthy skin while acne spot treatments formulated with spironolactone prevent and control acne.
- Prescriptions. For optimal results, we may recommend antibiotics, acne drug therapy, and topical medications in combination with other treatments.
The amount of time it takes to recover following acne treatment will depend on the type of treatment. Most treatments involve no recovery time, and patients can immediately return to work and other normal activities. However, deeper skin peels and aggressive laser treatments may require a one- to two-day recovery period. Many of our patients like to schedule these treatments on a Friday so that they can return to work or school on Monday. Risks are minimal if patients carefully follow their aftercare instructions.
The Clear Skin Club
At the Acne Treatment & Prevention Center of Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, we have found that most patients suffering from acne get the best results when they are regularly treated and adhere to a prescribed treatment program. To help patients with program adherence, we offer a program called the Clear Skin Club. This program provides patients with combination and regular treatment regimens that are affordable. Members pay a monthly membership fee that includes clinic visits, laser therapy, and skin treatments. With regular, combination therapy, patients can enjoy reduced acne and clearer skin. Clear Skin Club members also receive discounts on skin care and other services to help maintain clear skin.
Dr. Chernoff and our experienced staff have helped hundreds of patients improve their skin and, as a result, their self-esteem. To learn more about our Acne Treatment and Prevention Center in Indianapolis, contact our office at 317-434-1039. The post-Acne Treatment and Prevention Center appeared first on Chernoff Cosmetic Surgeons.
Offering the latest advancements and comprehensive treatment options for all acne types and levels of severity. Our patients who suffer from acne have the best results when they are regularly treated.
Treating acne is not a one size fits all solution. Our center offers a variety of treatments that can be used alone or in combination to achieve the optimal therapeutic level.
Our Acne Treatment Center offers a program called Clear Skin Club.
The program offers patients combination regular treatment regimens that are affordable.
These patient case studies are photos of actual Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery patients treated with laser therapy and LaViv.
Dr. Chernoff treated this patient with surgical CO2 Laser Resurfacing to correct acne rosacea on his nose (rhinophyma) and cheeks.