Are you tired of droopy lower eyelids, bags under the eyes or eye wrinkles? Then it may be time to consider eyelid surgery. The procedure is growing in popularity as many people consider the surgery for different reasons. Whether you want to improve your appearance or tackle eyelid functional problems, call Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery to discuss this procedure to give your eyes a new look.
What Is Eyelid Surgery?
Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is a procedure that enhances the appearance of your eyes. It gets rid of excess skin, muscle, and fat from the eyelids and the result is a vibrant, youthful, and brighter appearance. Blepharoplasty can be conducted for both cosmetic and functional reasons.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
- Restores a youthful appearance
- Improves your vision
- Removes excess skin around the eyelids
- Eliminates eye wrinkles
- Gets rid of dark circles and under eye bags
- Gives you a refreshed appearance that improves your self-esteem and confidence
How to Prepare for Eyelid Surgery
Almost anyone can be a candidate for eyelid surgery as long as they are in good health. The surgery is ideal for persons intending to reduce droopy eyelids, lower eyelid wrinkles, remove sagging eyelids that compromise the eye’s functionality, and attain a younger and more vibrant look.
- Avoid certain medication such as pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen, nutritional supplements, and over-the-counter drugs a certain amount of time before the surgery. These drugs have the capacity to interfere with the recovery process.
- Arrange for a ride home because you will be under anesthesia and therefore cannot drive.
- Before the procedure, get all the medications for your recovery.
- On the surgery day, do not wear makeup or jewelry and dress comfortably.
What to Expect with Eyelid Surgery
Eyelid surgery is a relatively simple procedure that improves your eyes’ appearance. Surgery on the upper eyelids focuses on improving your vision. Surgery on the lower eyelid focuses on removing wrinkles and bags to enhance your appearance. Advances in cosmetic surgery have allowed patients to undergo blepharoplasty with few or no visible scars.
Eyelid Surgery Results
After the surgery, you may experience discomfort, swelling, and bruising, but they subside within a couple of days. The results of blepharoplasty last for years and you enjoy youthful-looking eyes.
If you decide to undergo eyelid surgery, it is imperative to choose an experienced surgeon to guarantee the best results. Contact Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery today to schedule an appointment with our incredible team! We are conveniently located in Indianapolis, IN and Santa Rosa, CA.