Acne Skin Care for Healthy and Clear Skin in Indianapolis, IN
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, located in Indianapolis, IN, Dr. Greg Chernoff and his professional staff offer the latest advancements and most comprehensive acne treatment options for various types and severity of acne. The acne therapies range from light-based treatments and laser therapy to medical-grade skin peels and skincare products.
Help control and stop acne outbreaks with our medical grade bacteria fighting skin care products, acne prevention facials, and laser/light therapies.
If you are a teenager or an adult suffering from acne, be it a more severe form or an occasional breakout, we can help. We also offer treatments to reduce and improve the appearance of acne scars. Dr. Chernoff and his experienced staff of healthcare professionals will carefully examine your skin and acne conditions. They will recommend a personalized program to help keep you acne-free and healthy.
What are Acne Treatments and What are the Different Types of Acne?
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery, we treat all types of acne including the following:
- Acne Vulgaris – This type of acne is the most common form. Characteristics of acne vulgaris appear as papules, whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, and cystic nodules.
- Acne Conglobata – This is a severe form of acne vulgaris. Acne conglobata (AC) occurs when acne cysts and nodules begin to grow together deep below the skin.
- Acne Fulminans – This type of acne is a severe form of acne conglobate. The ulcerated lesions can lead to severe scarring.
- Acne Rosacea – This common form of acne appears as a red rash that can occur on the nose, cheeks, and chin. It may also be accompanied by pimples, bumps, and blemishes and may cause parts of the face such as the nose (rhinophyma), cheeks, and chin to protrude.
- Pyoderma Faciale (Rosacea Fulminans) – This is a severe form of acne that causes large, painful pustules and nodules and may lead to severe scarring if left untreated.
- Gram-Negative Folliculitis – This rare bacterial infection is characterized by cysts and pustules.
If you are experiencing symptoms of acne, schedule your consultation with Dr. Chernoff for a diagnosis and recommended treatment for your acne and acne scarring.
What Acne Treatments are Offered at Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery?
Dr. Chernoff and his skincare specialist offer a variety of acne treatments depending on the type and severity of the acne. All acne treatments are completed in the office with the exception of CO2 laser resurfacing which is performed in an outpatient surgery center. Anesthesia is generally not required as most treatments are not painful. However, a topical numbing cream may be used for aggressive laser treatments.
- Laser Therapy – We offer several state-of-the-art laser therapy treatments for safe and effective treatment results. Different therapeutic levels can be used depending on the type and severity of the acne.
- Broad-based light treatments can shrink sebaceous glands, decrease inflamed blood vessels, reduce pigment variations, and improve skin tone and quality.
- Laser therapy can be combined with bipolar radio frequency to improve the quality of the skin.
- Dermal Optical Thermolysis (DOT), a fractional CO2 laser technology is offered for severe acne. DOT shrinks sebaceous glands, blends pigment, and stimulates new collagen growth while improving scarring and skin quality.
- Anti-Inflammatory Therapy – A variety of injectable anti-inflammatory therapy is used to treat cystic and inflamed acne.
- Skin Refining Treatments and Care – A large selection of medical-grade skincare and professional skincare treatments are available to treat, reduce, and control acne.
- Medical grade chemical peels using retinoic and salicylic acids to safely exfoliate the skin without burning.
- Acne facials and microdermabrasion are effective treatments designed to exfoliate, nourish and balance the skin to control and minimize troublesome acne breakouts.
- Medical-grade skin care products use effective ingredients to maintain healthy skin while acne spot treatments formulated with spironolactone prevent and control acne.
- Prescriptions – For optimal results, Dr. Chernoff may prescribe antibiotics, acne drug therapy, and topical medications in combination with other treatments.
While most types of acne can be treated in the office, for patients who suffer from severe Rhinophyma, surgical laser intervention may be advised.
Prior to any treatment or procedure, Dr. Chernoff or one of our trained and certified Health Care Providers determine if you are a candidate, review the risks and benefits, and provide all possible treatment alternatives.
What Results Can You Expect?
The recovery time following your acne treatment depends on the type of treatment. Most treatments involve no recovery time, and patients can return to work, school, and other normal activities. For patients with a more severe form of acne and who require a chemical peel or a laser treatment, your recovery period may only be one or two days.
Many of our patients like to schedule these treatments on a Friday so that they can return to work or school on Monday. Dr. Chernoff and his skincare professionals will provide complete aftercare instructions.
We have found that most patients suffering from acne get the best results when they are regularly treated and adhere to a prescribed treatment program. Risks are minimal if patients carefully follow their aftercare instructions.
Clear Skin Club
In addition to offering traditional treatment plans, our office also offers a program called the Clear Skin Club. The program provides patients with treatments and combinations on a schedule to improve and maintain clear and healthy skin. Clear Skin Club members pay a monthly membership fee that includes their clinic visits, facials, laser therapy, light and other skin treatments. The Clear Skin Club plans are customized for each patient based on his or her specific needs. Additionally, Clear Skin Club members receive discounts on skincare and other services to help keep their skin clear and healthy. Schedule a consultation to learn if you are a candidate for the Clear Skin Club.
Why Dr. Greg Chernoff for Your Non-surgical Skincare Treatments?
When considering non-surgical skincare treatments, finding the right aesthetic doctor can mean the difference between great results and less-than-optimal results. Board certification, advanced training, and skills, along with years of experience are important factors to consider when selecting your cosmetic physician.
At Chernoff Cosmetic Surgery in Indianapolis, IN you can be reassured that Dr. Greg Chernoff has the appropriate surgical certifications, extensive knowledge, experience, surgical skill, and aesthetic vision. Dr. Chernoff is a renowned aesthetic surgeon and educator.
Over the last 20 years, Dr. Chernoff has significantly contributed to the advancements in Plastic Surgery and Aesthetic Medicine. He was one of the pioneers of both surgical and non-surgical laser therapy. He has pioneered many new skincare treatments and over the years has been refining the therapies to improve and enhance his patient’s skin. Research is important to him since it allows him to stay on the cutting edge of new therapies and techniques.
You can trust your cosmetic non-surgical, laser, and RF Energy enhancement and skin treatments to Dr. Chernoff, a triple board-certified facial and reconstructive plastic surgeon. Dr. Chernoff is certified by The American Board of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The American Board of Facial, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery, and The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Chernoff is an expert face and body cosmetic enhancement physician who has performed thousands of non-surgical aesthetic procedures for men and women in Indianapolis, IN, and the surrounding communities for over 20 years.